Nail Trimming and Ear Cleaning for Cats
Cats need to have their nails trimmed on a regular basis – this keeps their claws from getting caught in the carpet and on furniture and also reduces the risk of them accidentally scratching you when they leap into your lap. Nails if not properly maintained can as a cat ages curl under and grow directly into the pads of the feet. Nail trims can regularly be performed at the veterinary clinic, or we can show you how to trim your own cat’s nails if you so desire.
Bringing a new cat into the home.
Bringing a new cat into a household takes a small amount of planning beforehand – cats do have some basic needs, and by providing these needs you will help to ensure your cat’s long-term health and welfare. Cats are by nature ‘control freaks’ they like to have their space and have control over that space which also includes their human companions. Here are a few tips to help you start your new cat off on the right ‘paw.’
If you pretend your cat is a visiting dignitary (which all cats do believe) your journey to a successful partnership begins by organizing their living quarters to reflect their privileged position within the household. Once you realize that you have now taken on the role of a personal servant, then things will go much more smoothly and will be easier for you.
Your cat’s basic needs include:
- An area to call their own.
- A place to rest (which will soon become every bed, sofa, and chair in the house).
- Food and water bowls – not located near the litter box.
- A litter box – which is in a quiet but easily accessible location (that is also private).
- A scratching post or a climbing perch.
- Toys – lots and lots of toys!
- Give your new cat a few days to adjust to their new surroundings; don’t rush matters and let them set their own pace by allowing them to realize that they have entered a safe and secure home. Cats can adapt quickly and be quite social with other pets and people if they are given the time and opportunity to control the socialization process.
What is the clinic booking and cancellation policy?
We understand that life is busy and as such, we try to accommodate our clients’ schedules as best we can. We have appointments available during the daytime Monday to Friday, as well as select evening hours and Saturdays. Sometimes life does get in the way, and if you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you give us 24 hours’ notice which allows us the opportunity to fill that particular appointment slot. Last minute cancellations do happen, and we do understand that some things are out of your control – we will help you reschedule your appointment for a later date and time that works better for you.