We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Anesthesia means that our patient will be asleep during the surgery performed. We determine each protocol that we will use for each pet, to ensure it is as safe as possible. For a full (general) anesthesia: First, a little sedation is given that makes the pet sleepy and relaxed. An IV catheter is placed so that we have access to a vein, and so that fluids can be given during the surgery (to keep our patients hydrated and keep their kidneys happy). A tube is placed in their airway to ensure oxygen delivery, and to deliver gases to keep the patient asleep for the surgery. During the operation, a registered veterinary technician is monitoring the patient, taking vitals including heart rate, breathing rate, blood pressure and more. The surgical technician will recover the pet after surgery and monitor them closely afterwards, to ensure that they are doing well.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 519-453-2940. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the veterinarian will call you to discuss the details. We will then return your pet to your vehicle and payment can be processed over the phone (using a credit card).
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment from your vehicle. We do have our online available, which can be accessed from our website by clicking the Online Store button. There is free delivery for orders over $100.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.